Thursday, July 10, 2008

You are an Example

This excerpt was taken from the daily word from Joel and Victoria Osteen.

Today's Scripture

"Let your light shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven" (Matthew 5:16).

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

You are God's representative in this earth. When you follow the Word of God and allow Him to work in your life, you are letting your light shine. When you are good to people and show them kindness, even when they don't deserve it, you are shining your light. When you smile and keep a good attitude, even when things don't go your way, you are setting an example so that people will glorify God in heaven. Notice this scripture says, "they will see your good works..." People aren't impressed by our knowledge or what we say, people are drawn to God by our good works.


I had been thinking all day how awesome God is and then I read this. I was just telling a girl this morning how we must remain open and willing at all times. For me, I can remember a couple years ago, saying this "street outreach thing" was not for me. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha........Because today, there is no telling which street or hood, you will find me in because the rougher it is, the more I am drawn to it. I love being out there with the undesirables. The crazy thing is there some others that do the same thing....We look for an opportunity to serve food, bring clothes or supplies, hunt for shelter, take to church, or whatever......Vince and Frank and the gang are great ministry partners. CHECK THEM OUT AT WWW.NOPLACEOUTREACH.ORG.

No comments: